If you love running through fields and woodlands rather than pounding the pavements then TACH would welcome you as a member. The only requirement is a willingness to get your trainers muddy occasionally. Please feel free to join us for a few Thursday night runs before becoming a member. Our runs usually cover six to seven miles and last from to 80 to 100 minutes or so; sometimes there are short cuts, or a shorter alternative. You won't have to keep up with the faster runners - or even the moderately fast ones - they return to the back of the group frequently. The runs usually include hills but it's OK to slow down or walk up them - especially as this gives the faster runners the chance to run up them twice!
Please note that in Winter we continue to run off-road using head torches and our runs remain off-road, whatever the weather.
If you've already tried a run with us and definitely want to join, you can do so either by clicking the Join TACH button, below, or by clicking the Membership Form, which you can complete, print and hand to a committee member with your cheque or cash.
2016-17 membership will be available on the 1st September for renewals and new members.
TACH Annual Subscription is only £10.00 (plus £0.60 on-line administration fee).
Membership gives you:
- Our quarterly newsletter, Rough Running News.
- A chance to compete in the Club Championship. Simply enter your activities using the form on the Championship page. See the RACE DIARY page for qualifying races.
- Cheaper race entry fees as affiliated members of the Association of Running Clubs.
- 10% discount on purchases from Bristol running shops, Easy Runner, Sweatshop and Moti.
- 25% off these high-quality unbleached cotton t-shirts. Sizes: large, medium and ladies' skinny fit. Prices: £10.00 non-members, £7.50 members (two-month-old baby sizes priced individually!)
Club members earn championship points through participation in training runs and races, and through helping out with our own races. Points are based purely on participation – not speed or race placing – we just want to encourage off road running!
More info about the Championship and a form for entering race points is available on the TACH Championship blog,
See a committee member for more details.
To request CURRENT CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS, send an email to email@example.com
TACH members are entitled to buy our club vests and technical running tops for racing and training and hoodies in your choice of colour.
TACH is run by an committee elected at our AGM every September. Meet your committee