If you love running through fields and woodlands rather than pounding the pavements then TACH would welcome you as a member. The only requirement is a willingness to get your trainers muddy. We run every Thursday and usually offer two options: a shorter run of 4-5 miles and a longer one of 6-7 miles. You won't have to keep up with the faster runners – or even the moderately fast ones – they return to the back of the group frequently. The runs usually include hills but it's OK to slow down or walk up them – especially as this gives the faster runners the chance to run up them twice!
Please note that in Winter we continue to run off-road using head torches and our runs remain off-road, whatever the weather.
Due to the distance, the terrain and the night-time running, our runs are not suitable for complete beginners.
We are open to new members from September to June. During these months, you are welcome to join us for up to three Thursday night runs before becoming a member. Just turn up at one of our listed runs – but please introduce yourself so the run leader knows there is a new person in the group.
Unfortunately, we cannot “rollover” late season memberships into the next year, so you must renew in September, regardless of which month you joined in.
You may run with us as a non member during July and August but will be expected to join in September if you wish to continue.
TACH Annual Subscription is only £10.00 (plus £0.60 on-line administration fee).
Membership gives you:
- Our quarterly newsletter, Rough Running News.
- A chance to compete in the Club Championship. Simply enter your activities using the form on the Championship page. See the RACE DIARY page for qualifying races.
- Cheaper race entry fees as affiliated members of the Association of Running Clubs.
- 10% discount on purchases from Bristol running shops, Easy Runner, Sweatshop and Moti.
- 25% off these high-quality unbleached cotton t-shirts. Sizes: large, medium and ladies' skinny fit. Prices: £10.00 non-members, £7.50 members (two-month-old baby sizes priced individually!)
Club members earn championship points through participation in training runs and races, and through helping out with our own races. Points are based purely on participation – not speed or race placing – we just want to encourage off road running!
More info about the Championship and a form for entering race points is available on the TACH Championship blog,
See a committee member for more details.
To request CURRENT CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TACH members are entitled to buy our club vests and technical running tops for racing and training and hoodies in your choice of colour.
TACH is run by an committee elected at our AGM every September. Meet your committee